Great Outdoors , Karwar Karnataka
The great outdoors island resort is in a secluded place, 4 kms into the arabian sea called the kurumgad. You need to take a 20 mts. boat ride to reach great outdoors island resort. You can choose between the bamboo cottages or the tented accommodation ( with attached bathrooms). There is also a dormitory type for groups. Activities which can be undertaken at great outdoors island resort are nature walks, swimming, ayurvedic massage, fishing, bonfires, dolphin spotting, boatrides, snorkelling and many more. Water sports are subject to weather conditions. Apart from these, there are whole lot of indoor games available too. Those who are going by overnight bus can opt for early morning to late evening package, which will give maximum time at reasonable cost.
How to reach Great Outdoors
The Great outdoors island resort, Karwar is 160 kms from Hubli, 100 kms from Goa, 110 kms from Dandeli. Once you reach karwar, visit the resort's office and they will do a complimentary transfer to the island.
Facilities in Great Outdoors
Tents, Cottages, restaurant, indoor games like chess, carrom, scrabble, volley ball, basketball court. They can also organise water sports at additional costs. Bonfire and barbecue is organised every evening.
Great Outdoors Tariff
- The above rates are valid from 1st September 2014 to 31st May 2015.
- The above tariff is per person per night on twin sharing basis. Children below 5 years of age. 5 to 12 will be charged 50% of the adult rate. Where as children above 12 years will be charged full.
- Tariff also includes :
- Accommodation, all meals and taxes.
- Free drop and pickup from office to jetty and back.
- Boat ride to and from Island (4Kms each way- Approx.25 mins)
- Complimentary Barbecue / Bonfire
- Guided tour around island
- Swimming at private beach
- Nature walks / Trekking,
- Dolphin spotting
- Beach volleyball / Indoor board games
- Children’s play park
- PACKAGE EXCLUDES: PAYMENT DIRECT:
- Boat rides (subject to suitable weather conditions) to view neighboring islands, dolphins, otters, flying fish etc (45-60 minutes)
- Ayurvedic Massage – By qualified Doctors of Naturopathy for ladies and gents (45 mins.approx.)
- Additional food items ( Lobsters / King prawns etc ) not included in the buffet/ set menu are available to guests on request at an extra charge. Please note, adequate notice must be given to the restaurant staff.
- Rates are subject to change without notice.