The Porcupine Castle, Coorg Karnataka
This resort is set on the top of a hill containing 300 acre plantation of coffee. This is the one of the best places to stay in Coorg. The serenity, tranquility, mist and beauty of the area will be enough to make your stay memorable and help you de-stress. Hanchikad, Pollibeta is a place in Coorg which is about 30 kilometers from the town or Madikeri and this resort is situated there. While staying here, you will be able to visit all the local tourist attractions. Among the local tourist spots are, Abbey falls, Omkareshwara temple, Iruppu Falls, Madikeri fort, Valanoor and many more. You will have a crude view of the surrounding nature. It may not seem completely breathtaking to a normal person at first, but as soon as he or she will understand that this is a forest and not someone’s living room or garden, things will become easier. There are 11 air conditioned chalets and a tree house and you can stay any of them for your stay. Along with all the modern facilities, there is an all day open restaurant that serves different varieties of food. Apart from the staying facilities, you can go fishing, trekking, bird watching, camping, Bon fir, bicycling and many such options available in this hotel.
How to reach The Porcupine Castle
Porcupine castle is situated between Pollibeta and Ammathy. It is about 10 minutes drive from both the towns. After reaching the Hanchikad village, you just have to follow the signs and you will reach the resort. The whole way can be travelled by personal or rented car. You can get to these two towns by bus or by car.
Facilities in The Porcupine Castle
Among the amenities offered by Porcupine Castle are different facilities like: • Spacious rooms with the latest facilities • Attached bathroom • Running hot and cold water all day long • Multi cuisine restaurant • Room service on request • Television in every room • DVD system available upon request • Refrigerator • Fresh towels and toiletries • Wi-Fi enabled internet connection • Conference hall for business meets and meetings • Indoor and outdoor games
The Porcupine Castle Tariff
- The above tariff is valid from 1st October 2012 to 20th December 2012.
- The above cost is inclusive of accommodation and complimentary breakfast for a couple.
- Taxes will be extra at actuals. Currently it is 18.18% on the above rates.
- Every room accommodates only 2 adults and 2 children below the age of 10.
- Extra adult in the room will be charged. Extra bed charges – Rs.1,000.00
- All Guests, Please carry a proof of your identity for our office perusal.
- Rates are subject to change without notice.
- Tariff during 20th December 2012 to 2nd Jan 2013 will be Rs. 10000/- per couple for valley view chalet and Tree House. Mountain View will be 7500. Tariff includes accommodation, breakfast, lunch or dinner and taxes.