Dubare Elephant Camp, Coorg Karnataka
Dubare elephant camp is a project undertaken by forest department and jungle lodges and resorts. Dubare elephant camp has plenty of elephants which are trained under naturalists. A trained Naturalist is at hand to explain the various aspects of Elephant history, ecology and biology. The visitor can not only observe and learn but also participate in various activities involving Elephants. Dubare elephant camp can be visited by both overnight guests as well as day visitors. Tourists who stay in and around madikeri ( 30 kms from Dubare elephant Camp ) can visit the camp on payment basis and enjoy the wildlife safari, joyride on the elephant, coracle ride etc. apart from lunch and high tea.
How to reach Dubare Elephant Camp
The route to dubare elephant camp from Bangalore is via Mysore, Kushalnagar, Gudde Hosur (4km from Kushalnagar on BM Road), then a left turn towards Siddapura. About 15 kilometer on the Siddapur Main Road visitors would find a JLR Dubare elephant Camp board. A left turn at the board and a kilometer drive would reach you to the bank of River Cauvery. Cross the river by a boat and you would be at the Dubare Elephant Camp.
Facilities in Dubare Elephant Camp
Dubare elephant camp, part of Jungle lodges & resorts has 10 cottages, golghar, well stocked bar. There is no electricity here and the resort has a generator.
Dubare Elephant Camp Tariff
- The above tariff is valid from 16th September 2014 to 2nd Jan 2015.
- However please note that from 2nd October to 12th October and 22nd October to 26th October 2014, there will be an increase of 8% on the above prices.
- There will be an increase of 10% on the above prices from 24th December to 2nd Jan 2015.
- The above rates are for Indian Nationals only and charged on per person per night on double sharing basis.
- Rates are exclusive of Forest Entry Fee, VAT, Luxury Tax, Service Tax. Cost also includes accommodation, one session of lunch, dinner, breakfast, morning/ evening tea and respective taxes.
- Check in 12 noon & check out 11 am.
- Children below 5 years of age complimentary. Children between 5 to 12 years will be charged at 50% of the tariff.
- Children above 12 years considered as an adult.
- Single occupancy charges will be separate, if one wants to stay alone.
- Cancellation or postponement of booking, subject to hotel rules.
- Cancellation rules for all properties of Jungle Lodges and Resorts
- 1. 10% retention charges of the tariff, if cancellation is done, 2 weeks before check in date.
- 2. 50% retention charges of the tariff, if cancellation is done, less than 2 weeks before check in date.
- 3. No refund less than 2 working days before check in date ( not inclusive of the check in date )
- Tariff is subject to change without notice.
- The rates for foreign nationals are different and will be sent upon request.