Dubare Elephant Camp, Coorg Karnataka
Dubare elephant camp is a project undertaken by forest department and jungle lodges and resorts. Dubare elephant camp has plenty of elephants which are trained under naturalists.
A trained Naturalist is at hand to explain the various aspects of Elephant history, ecology and biology. The visitor can not only observe and learn but also participate in various activities involving Elephants.
Dubare elephant camp can be visited by both overnight guests as well as day visitors. Tourists who stay in and around madikeri ( 30 kms from Dubare elephant Camp ) can visit the camp on payment basis and enjoy the wildlife safari, joyride on the elephant, coracle ride etc. apart from lunch and high tea.
How to reach this place
The route to dubare elephant camp from Bangalore is via Mysore, Kushalnagar, Gudde Hosur (4km from Kushalnagar on BM Road), then a left turn towards Siddapura. About 15 kilometer on the Siddapur Main Road visitors would find a JLR Dubare elephant Camp board. A left turn at the board and a kilometer drive would reach you to the bank of River Cauvery. Cross the river by a boat and you would be at the Dubare Elephant Camp.
- Dubare elephant camp, part of Jungle lodges & resorts has 10 cottages, golghar, well stocked bar. There is no electricity here and the resort has a generator.
Rates and packages
- The above tariff is valid from 1st April 2014 to 15th June 2014.
- Rates are exclusive of Forest Entry Fee, VAT, Luxury Tax, Service Tax.
- Tariff is per person per night on double sharing basis. Check in 12 noon & check out 11 am.
- Cost includes stay, all meals, nature based activities, coracle ride, taxes.
- Day Package includes Lunch, Tea/ Coffee, Coracle ride, nature based activities, camera fees and taxes.
- Elephant activities include Interactive experience with camp elephants and tea.
- Children below 5 years of age complimentary. Children between 5 to 12 years will be charged at 50% of the tariff.
- Children above 12 years considered as an adult.
- Single occupancy charges will be separate, if one wants to stay alone.
- Cancellation or postponement of booking, subject to hotel rules.
- Cancellation rules for all properties of Jungle Lodges and Resorts
- 1. 10% retention charges of the tariff, if cancellation is done, 2 weeks before check in date.
- 2. 50% retention charges of the tariff, if cancellation is done, less than 2 weeks before check in date.
- 3. No refund less than 2 working days before check in date ( not inclusive of the check in date )
- Tariff is subject to change without notice.
- Dollar rates applicable for foreign nationals